Monday, January 31, 2011

Moving On

In my last post I mentioned I was coming up for air. We all have those periods in life where things get a little out of control. For me, I needed to stop blogging and wrap my head around some changes that were headed my way. Whoever said, “when it rains it pours” is brilliant and must have been overwhelmed too.


Last week I put in my two weeks’ notice at my job. It was a really tough thing to do. I like the people I work with, I enjoy the creative environment, I thought I always wanted to be in publishing, but at the same time I was not happy. After talking to Jonathan, praying, and much deliberation it was time I moved on to something I was passionate about. I guess when I think about how much time I spend at work, why not do what I enjoy?

Friday is my last day and I begin my new position on Monday. If there’s one thing that I can say I am most thankful for is I made a lot of friends at my old job. For that, I am truly grateful!

12 comments:

  1. i very much agree with "when it rains, it pours." it's all i can do some days to just not get overwhelmed by life! that's exciting about your new job - good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Katie! That is a tough call, but I pray you will be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so important to do something you love, then it doesn't feel like work at all. Big changes are always tough though, trying to figure out if it was the right step. We never know unless we go for it! I am sure you made the right move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that must have been so tough. I'm glad you can take some good memories and some gratitude with you though! You will have to tell us more about your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hard decision, but if you are going to like your new job more than it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie! I know it's always bittersweet to leave a job where u love the people but something that u're passionate about. Kudos to u for following what u want. Tell me about the new job :) Whatever it is, I know u're going to be great & they are so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you must really be going through some things - congrats on getting the courage to step out and fix what makes you unhappy so it makes you happy! what a brave thing to do, and I can't wait to hear how it all goes, clearly you are wonderful & I am sure any employer will be so lucky to get you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your new position will be just what you need. It really is such a brave thing you did and it can show all of us that sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and know God has such a great plan for our lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a big move, hope all goes smoothly for you when you start your new position x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for following your heart and staying true to you. It must have been a difficult decision, but the best ones always are...Best wishes on your new position and I look forward to hearing more from you soon. (I have stopped blogging also and understand we sometimes need to take a break)Enjoy your week.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your new job transition goes smoothly! And I have to agree...whenever it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you as you start your new job Monday. When God closes a door he always opens another one....hopefully this one is a blessing for you!
    <33

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! Hearing from you makes my day!