Monday, May 17, 2010

Discoveries

I woke up bright and early this Saturday with a mission. I can never sleep in anymore so I recruited my friend Kristen to get up, grab some coffee, and hit the some stores with me at 7:30 am.

I desperately wanted to go to Old Time Pottery and missed having it right down the road from my old house. I thought they opened at 8am, but was sadly mistaken when they opened at 9 and we had to occupy ourselves for an hour. We drove around for about 40 minutes trying to finds places that opened before nine or ten. The only place that was open and close by was Dollar General and I needed dish soap and a light bulb. Some shopping trip, huh? Sorry Kristen ;)

Have you ever been to Old Time Pottery? That place is the bomb! It is a giant warehouse with home decor, accessories, out door furniture, and items for every room in the house. I am obsessed with that place and it makes me very excited every time I think about going. I think it's my nirvana and I could spend hours trying to figure out what to buy. (All of those things the hubs say we don't need. As if!)

LateSpring_earlysummer2010 055
This aisle was stuffed full or fun and interesting wall decor. Kristen and I were discussing how to make inexpensive headboards when we came across these tiles. The gold ones caught my eye and immediately we began discussing how to arrange them on the wall and whether the black and silver ones could be spray painted. They may look tacky in the picture, but were pretty awesome in person.

LateSpring_earlysummer2010 056
Right about now is where I am singing, "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. Of course it's all in my head, as not to scare Kristen or other shoppers, but I cannot help myself at this point! The place is just magical and I love white dishes!!! It looks so neat, pretty, and organized. (I can be classified as a closet hoarder now.)

We spent an hour and a half getting ideas and playing the, "if I had a ton of money" game. I spent less than $20 and walked away with a gray, yellow, and white beach bag (turned purse), corn skewers, and plastic spray bottle. I could have spent so much more, but in all seriousness, where would I store it all?

LateSpring_earlysummer2010 057
Ladies, eat your hearts out because the bag was only $9.99 and my shopping journey was a success. Please tell me y'all have been here so you know what I am freaking out about. Who would have thought dishes and bright colored towels would make me this excited?

Until next time,

11 comments:

  1. What a great shopping trip Katie! You have a great friend getting up that early on a Saturday to go shopping with you! Make sure you hold on to her! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, that pic of all the white crockery just about sent me over the edge!! I am desperate to add to my already sprawling collection and I neeeed on eof those stores here! Do you think you could suggest it to them?? Western Australia isn't that far, is it? hehe
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Old time Pottery!! We don't have one in Tampa, but we had one around the corner in Orlando where I grew up. Jealous of all that white pottery--just makes my hair stand on end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! First of all, thank you for the wonderful comments last week on my site - those are the ones that stick with me and keep me inspired, so thank you! Second - can I come visit and go to this heavenly place? oh my, I would lose days in there. probably end up u-hauling home... oh jeese. anyway, great to be back and visiting your site, hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....i am googling this store this instant to see if there is one near us!! i would love it! great job on the purse! i'm your newest follower..found you through my "blog friend" carissa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE old time pottery. the one by me closed. I was SOOOOO sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hoarder comment made me laugh! i wish we had a store like that here. but then, i'm sure i'd do some serious damage in the budget arena and in the clutter-free home desires that i have. your bag is aweome - the price is even better! woo hoo! i would've had fun shopping with you even if it was at dollar general. : ) i can totally see those tiles working for a headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that store....I have had so little time to catch up on my favorite blogs. Hope you will stop by...I have a great Disney giveaway...
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/05/disney-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie, I just popped back to let you know there is a little award for you on my blog!
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great morning of shopping. Just discovered you through Flick's blog and am now a follower. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog a while back - I just now saw it! So glad you found buzzycraftery - you must know, it's hard not to feel like you're just talking to yourself when you blog! Nice to have readers! I"ll add you to my faves!

    ABM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! Hearing from you makes my day!