The first being my new job! I am not able to blog, read blogs, or really even think about blogs during the work day. I am so busy, challenged, and excited each and everyday it's almost too good to be true. To give you a little more information I left sales and publishing to go into a full-time marketing role at a "very large" financial institution. I know the numbers side of banking/lending/trusts is not my forte, but it does not really matter as I pick out brochures, redesign presentations, and work as a support system for everyone else in sales. That's my kind of sales job if you ask me! If you have a smart phone that you recommend let me know, this may help me blog on my lunch break and never leave you that long again. :)
In a brief and bulleted fashion I am going to give you a glimpse of the other happenings the last few weeks.
- I have lost 9 lbs and the hubs14. We are on a good streak of trying to be healthy and be the best us. So far it's been amazing to look and feel better in my clothes.
- We have also joined and gym to help in this process.
- I signed up for another 1/2 marathon. Losing weight has made it easier for me to get back into running. I have signed up with my sweet friend Emily Ann and can't wait to run with her in April and catch up. Miss her so much since we moved!
- We are in the process of planning a MAJOR trip for the summer. I am not sure where, maybe Hawaii, Costa Rica, Belize, or somewhere else beachy, but we are planning and I am elated about this opportunity. Any suggestions would be great!
- We went to New Orleans with about 15 of our friends last weekend. Our good friend Collin celebrated his 30th birthday and instead of a party or presents we all had a weekend of fun. A few of the good pictures are here:
I can't wait to catch up on your blogs this afternoon and tomorrow. I hope you are well and I am sure there is a lot I have missed with you too!